Ready set host! Picture this: you have exactly 27 minutes until Aunt Mary, Uncle Steve, and your favorite cousins arrive for an unannounced visit. You're thrilled at the prospect of surprise guests but vaguely unprepared. What do you have in the cabinet? Pickles, pickles, pickles. Perfect! No matter what or how little you have to offer, a beautiful charcuterie board is possible. Now's the time to stock the pantry with a few staples so you're always prepared to host friends at the drop of a -wide-brimmed cowboy hat- hospitality should always be fun!
Ingredients to stock up on:
- Aged cheddar
- Creamy brie
- Smoked gouda
- Dried fruits
- Grainy mustard
- Sourdough loaf
- Whole-grain crackers
Merchandise the goods:
Choose Your Canvas: Start with a
- cutting board or platter. You want to have enough space for your snacks and a nice neutral backdrop.
Placement is Key:
- Start with your biggest items-usually the cheese. Or you might have a loaf sliced bread.
- Nestle bowls or small dishes among the cheeses and meats for olives, nuts, and honey. This adds texture and dimension.
- Pretend it's a piece of art. Try to create balance with the colors and textures as you add the other items.
- If you have it, scatter a few sprigs of fresh herbs like rosemary from the yard.
Creating a last-minute charcuterie board with pantry staples is an art anyone can master. Don't overthink it. Have fun and enjoy your time together with the people you love the most!